Monday, April 23, 2012

Movie 25

At the start of April I came down with a cold and a fever that I'm pretty sure one of the kids brought home from school. Accordingly, I decided to take a day off of work. After all, that's why we have sick days. I also took the opportunity to add another movie to my list.

I had checked out Battle: Los Angeles from the library because I thought the boys might want to watch it for Family Movie Night. We ended up turning it off because of some pretty strong language for kids, as I probably should have guessed with a movie about Marines. I decided to watch it myself as I was sick in bed the next day.

The movie was a pretty mindless sci fi action flick. You want war cliches, this movie's got 'em. From the Marine about to be married to the about-to-retire sergeant called back to see action one last time. Still, the characters were likable enough for such a routine story, and the actors weren't bad. The alien invaders added a nice touch, even if they didn't seem all that original either. They certainly annoyed me less than Transformers.

It was a movie you didn't have to think about, which is just what I needed on a sick day.

No comments:

Post a Comment