Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movie 15

This weekend we watched Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which I picked for Family Movie Night with the kids. It was based on a video game series I know little to nothing about. Given the track record of films based on video games, that could have been a cause for concern. But it is also a Disney movie, so I figured at least the kids would like it.

And everyone did seem to like it. It was good for a movie based on a video game. I didn't recognize much of the cast, except Ben Kingsley, who I've decided is pretty much good in anything he does. The story was fun, action with fantasy thrown in, all mixed with an exotic Persian setting. But I don't know that it was that memorable. My wife disagrees, she liked how the story ended. It was a good Family Movie Night pick, it's just not a story I find myself returning to.

Having said that, if they ever make a sequel I'm sure I won't hesitate to watch it for Family Movie Night, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment