Monday, July 9, 2012

Movie 31

Movie 31 (this was way back at the end of April) was a Family Movie Night pick by my daughter. All of my kids have liked Scooby-Doo, but my five year old absolutely loves the show. So since we started letting her have a turn picking movies for Family Movie Night, we have watched a lot of Scooby-Doo DVDs.

Her pick was Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster.  This one was one of the live action movies, although I believe it was made for cable, probably Cartoon Network. There wasn't great acting, but the actors weren't bad at keeping up the characters' well-established personality. The plot was about what you would expect from a Scooby-Doo movie. I don't know if the live action made it better or worse, but I remember the kids complaining they didn't see the computer generated Scooby enough.

Still, they seemed to enjoy it. I hesitated briefly about adding this to my movie list, but then I figured why not? If nothing else it is representative of the movies I often watch with the kids. Not one I'd recommend to anyone, unless you are a five year old with a Scooby obsession. I figure that is the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment