Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Movie 27

Another DVD we found in the kids' Easter baskets was Kung Fu Panda 2. We enjoyed the first one, and Jack Black usually makes me crack a smile, so we watched this one as a family, too.

This was perhaps not as good as the first, but come on, we're talking about animated pandas learning Kung Fu. It was generally enjoyable. I liked trying to identify the voice actors (who were all pretty good) but everyone got tired of me saying, "Hey, you know who that is, don't you?"

I did have some issues initially with the miraculous things Kung Fu could supposedly do. Things like allowing you to change the path of a cannon ball with your hands. But then I remembered movies like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Forbidden Kingdom and realized this is really a fantasy genre. Perhaps the animated talking animals should have clued me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment