Friday, March 2, 2012

Movie 18

This week I watched a couple of movies with my wife. One was Killers, which my wife found while browsing on Netflix. She likes both Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl, and even Tom Selleck, so she thought we might enjoy this. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a let down.

The film tries to cross a secret agent action flick with a romantic comedy, and does a sub-par version of both. There was a strange lack of chemistry between the leads. The plot was pretty much unbelievable, especially the disappointing reveal at the end of who was behind it all. But really, the wooden interaction between the characters was what doomed the movie.

I think it would have worked better if it had been done in a more absurdist vein. I mean really play up the weirdness of suburban neighbors and coworkers trying to assassinate you and your spouse. This would have cut into the romantic comedy the movie was aiming for, but it missed that mark anyway.

My wife even agreed that the movie was mediocre at best. That seems to describe a lot of the Netflix selections of streaming movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment