Friday, March 2, 2012

Movie 19

The other movie I watched with my wife this week was The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1. All I have to say about this is, "Yawn." I tolerated the first three movies in the series that I watched with my wife. She liked them so when she finally bought the DVD I figured I'd spend an evening watching it with her. This one was a deal breaker for me. Way too boring.

They really needed to split this into two movies? For a wedding and a drawn out honeymoon? And the scene I thought I'd enjoy, the fighting between wolves and vampires, was cut way too short. As was the potentially interesting back story of the past life of the vampires. Add to this the fact that everyone mumbles their lines and it was almost unwatchable. And all this is leaving aside the fact that the heroine is someone who seems to define herself by her relationship to the males in her life.

Back when she read the books, I told my wife that I would probably read the books someday. I like to keep up on popular fiction, see what the rest of the world is reading. Sometimes this works for me (Hunger Games, Harry Potter), but other times it doesn't (The Da Vinci Code) After this movie, I doubt I will be reading the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment