Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Movie 21

Last weekend we watched another Rowan Atkinson movie for Family Movie Night, Johnny English. When I got Bean: The Movie from the library, this DVD was included as a double feature. It was fun, light spoof of spy movies.

Of course, it is more enjoyable if you like British humor. My wife actually fell asleep while watching the movie, and woke up towards the end of the movie where an elderly gentleman was mooning the audience. Her only comment was. "What is it with the British and bums?" But on the whole, if you like Atkinson's other work, you'll like this.

The plot was a bit silly, but that's what you would expect from this type of comedy. The actors all pulled it off well, including a surprisingly good performance from Natalie Imbruglia. I don't think I even knew she acted. John Malkovich was also good as an over the top villain. I think I'd actually recommend this over Bean. Of course, as far as I'm concerned, the TV show Mr. Bean is where to find Atkinson at his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment