Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Book 4

My daughter is involved with a program called "Battle of the Books" at her elementary school. She has to read about 6 books the school assigns and then in March or so they have some kind of competition between teams that have read all the books. Anyway, she asked me to read all the assigned books with her. I try to keep on top of what my kids are reading, so I agreed. Last Sunday I read one of her books, The Janitor's Boy, by Andrew Clements.

I originally wasn't going to count this as on of my 50 books, as it was pretty short. But my mother, an elementary school teacher, said it should definitely count. And as my wife says, "It's a book, isn't it?" I figured I had put all of my kids' school books on my to-read list, so why not count it for fiftyfifty.me?

The book itself wasn't bad. All my kids have enjoyed Clements books. This may not be their favorite, but I thought it was a good look at the father/son relationship. I am often surprised at the depth these elementary school books can have. If you are looking for some interesting books for kids this age, Clements is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment