Sunday, January 29, 2012

Movie 11

For family movie night this weekend we watched Dolphin Tale. I often hesitate with movies that are "based on a true story." The true part is often something like, there was a dolphin once, and it got hurt. But this was a good family movie.

That doesn't mean I thought it was great. I was fascinated with the dolphin's story and the struggle to get a working prosthetic tail. I think the story should have focused even more on that. But apparently the writers didn't think that was enough, so they added hurricanes, family members going off to war, and did we mention the place is financially strapped? So let's throw in a big fundraiser to avoid getting bought out by a real estate tycoon.

I do wonder if I'm looking to hard for the faults here. My family loved the movie and a couple friends even admitted to liking it. As I said, I enjoyed the parts that were actually about the dolphin. It was a feel-good, family movie. I just think it could have been that without all the extra stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment