Saturday, January 14, 2012

Books 2 and 3

I finished the Hunger Games trilogy last night with Mockingjay. I found the third book slower than the others, but as it went on, I think it was deeper, too. More thought provoking for me. Catching Fire was good, but did feel like the 2nd book in a trilogy, especially with the cliffhanger ending. I initially didn't like the "Quarterly Quell" idea in the book, but it did introduce some nice action. All in all, it was a great series, but the first was my favorite, with the third really growing on me. There's a lot more in the series than a fight to the death.

Next up is The Road by Cormac McCarthy, winner of the 2007 Pulitzer for fiction. Another book I've been meaning to read since it was the hot thing a few years ago. And another dreary post-apocalyptic future. Maybe I'll need to find something a little more sunny after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment