Sunday, January 1, 2012

Start

So, I'm starting the fiftyfifty challenge with The Hunger Games trilogy. That way my wife will stop saying things like, "Why are you reading that when The Hunger Games is sitting right there?" It's been on my to read list on Goodreads since at least 2009 so it is about time I jumped in.

I finished my last book of 2011 early this morning. It was Julian Comstock, by Robert Charles Wilson. An interesting future history, with a surprising amount of humor in it. It might have slowed near the end, but it was deserving of the Hugo and Campbell nominations it received.

I had tried to finish the book on New Year's Eve while watching the college bowl games, but didn't quite make it. Good way to spend a Saturday afternoon, though: reading a good novel while watching football, all while the kids played happily together. Those days don't happen nearly enough.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's time to read it, if only to comment on the soon to be released movie!

    ReplyDelete