Thursday, January 26, 2012

Movies 8 and 9

Last weekend I watched a couple of Kid Movies. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy them as much as the kids.

The first was Mr. Popper's Penguins. The girls got it from Redbox for a slumber party they had together. My wife watched it with them and said it wasn't bad. So I watched it the next day. I like Jim Carrey (in small doses) and he was okay in this movie. I was pleasantly surprised that Angela Lansbury was in the film. The penguins, on the other hand, came off as a gimmick. I don't remember the book, but the penguins had to be better than this. Anyway, it was a cute, if somewhat generic, family movie, with penguins thrown in to make the kids watch.

For family movie night the kids wanted to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid. We'd already watched the sequel, Rodrick Rules, a couple of months ago, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Our family hasn't really gotten into the books, but I figured this would be a good family night pick. The kids really liked it, but I thought it was boring compared to the sequel. The kid actors did a fine job, but it didn't do anything for me. Seems like fans of the book would enjoy it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment